Caroline Simpson Collection
Select one or more of the databases to search
Back to Search Results
Click on image to enlarge
Request a copy
[Hyde Park Barracks from the apse of St James Church] 1939 / S. Ure Smith
Smith, Sydney Ure, 1887-1949.
1 drawing : pencil, ink and watercolour on paper ; 25 x 25 cm.
signed and dated lower left on image: S. Ure Smith / 1939
wrought iron work
Hyde Park Barracks (Sydney, N.S.W.)
Queens Square (Sydney, N.S.W.)
The Hyde Park Barracks building in Macquarie Street Sydney was designed by convict architect Francis Greenway to house male convicts and erected 1817-1819. From 1848 to 1886 it served as an Immigration Depot for single females and in 1887 the central dormitory buildings and other buildings in the compound were converted to courts and legal offices. A series of additional buildings were later erected in the courtyard. The Industrial Arbitration Court occupied part of the site from 1912-1927.
Lawsons Australian & European Paintings, 26 October 1999, lot 69.
Hyde Park Barracks ; HPB99/2
Arbitration Court [Hyde Park Barracks, Sydney] / G. Marler
The old District Court [Hyde Park Barracks, Sydney] / E. Warner
Queens Square [Hyde Park Barracks, Sydney] / G. Marler
The old court house, Sydney. 1948 / Roy Dalgarno
Old Convict Barracks / Sydney Ure Smith
Hyde Park Barracks, Queens Square, Sydney / Leonard Beck
The N.S.W. Barracks / Pamela Griffith
Old Barracks building, Queen Victoria Square, Sydney (built Greenway) / C. Lucas
Queens Square - Sydney / Cedric Emanuel
The Old Sydney Mint [Hyde Park Barracks] / Tom Seymour